Dept. of Electronic Engineering, Hsiuping University of Science and Technology
2+i Industry-Academia Collaboration Program of Electronic Engineering
1. School: Hsiuping University of Science and Technology
2. Program Name: Advanced Battery Energy Storage Device and Package Technology for Industry-Academia Collaboration Class
3. Field of Program: Industry-Electronic Engineering
4. Admissions department: Department of Electronic Engineering
5. Entrance conditions:
(1) Diploma II (or above).
(2) Language certificate TOEIC (above 500 or equivalent) or TOCFL (above A1) is preferred but not necessary.
6. Calculation of election results:
(1) Academic behavior 25%
(2) CV and autobiography 25%
(3) Study plan 25%
(4) Optional materials (English or Chinese language certificate, Skill competition award, Recommendation Letter, Other relevant supporting documents) 25%
7. Number of admissions:
(1) Admission number: 40
(2) Waiting-list candidates: 20
8. Main instruction language: Chinese or English (with Indonesian teaching assistant)
9. Student-teacher ratio: The ratio of students to teachers of the Department of Electronic Engineering is 19.5：1 with 11 faculty members.
10. 3-years credits:
(1) Campus Courses：54 credits / 61 hours
(2) Internship Courses：18 credits/ 1080 hours
(3) Study on-campus for 1.5 years
(4) Off-campus internship for 1.5 years
11. Chinese classes:
(1) 1st semester of the first year : Courses 5 credits / 10 hours, after-school tutoring 5 hours;
(2) 2nd semester of the first year: Courses 4 credits / 4 hours, after-school tutoring 2 hours;
(3) 1st semester of the second year : Courses 4 credits / 4 hours
12. General education course: 17 credits / 22 hours (Chinese classes included)
13. Profession main course: 15 credits / 15 hours
14. Profession elective courses: 9 credits / 9 hours at least
15. On-campus practice course: 13 credits / 15 hours
16. Off-campus internship: 18 credits / 1080 hours
(1) Internship in the 2nd semester of the second year, 2 days per week for 18 weeks, as a total of 360 hours (6 credits / 20 hours)
(2) Internship in the 1st semester of the third year, 2 days per week for 18 weeks, as a total of 360 hours (6 credits / 20 hours)
(3) Internship in the 2nd semester of the third year, 2 days per week for 18 weeks, as a total of 360 hours (6 credits / 20 hours)
17. Cooperating company: E-ONE MOLI ENERGY CORP.
18. Internship business unit:
(1) Manufacturing department
(2) Quality Assurance Department
19. Internship description:
(1) In the 4th semester, the internship courses will be focused on the basic job skills training for the lithium battery manufacture of electrodes and cells process.
(2) In the 5th semester, the internship courses will be focused on the advanced job skills training for lithium battery module assembly and package process.
(3) In the 6th semester, the internship courses will be focused on the integrated job skills training for lithium battery module charging/discharging and reliability testing.
20. Internship period: Off-campus internship is performed from 4th semester to 6th semester for 1.5 years.
21. The tuition and miscellaneous fees for the 1st and 2nd semesters:
(1) Waived: The tuition and miscellaneous fees for the 1st and 2nd semesters will be waived.
(2) Charged: The computer and internet network fee are USD$35 per semester.
22. The tuition and miscellaneous fees for the 3rd semesters:
International students in this program will be charged the same tuition fees as the domestic students from the 3rd semester. The total tuition and miscellaneous fees for each semester are listed as follows.
(1) Tuition fee: USD$1,285
(2) Miscellaneous fees: USD$465
(3) Computer and internet network fee: USD$35
Total tuition and miscellaneous fees are USD$1,785.
*The other legal regular fees are listed in the Remarks.
(1) Scholarship is provided to waive the tuition, miscellaneous and accommodation fees for the 1st and 2nd semesters.
(2) Living allowance of USD$650 is for each student in the 1st semesters.
24. Accommodation fee:
Waived (1st year): The accommodation fee will be waived for the 1st and 2nd semesters.
Charged (3rd and 4th years):
(1) USD$300/semester in campus.
(2) USD$65~95/month in internship business.
The accommodation fee is identical with the local students.
According to Taiwanese law, the additional fees are to be charged as follows.
(1) Student Accident Insurance.
(2) Medical insurance.
(3) National Health Insurance.
(4) Alien Residence Certificate.
(5) Working Permit.